Navigating different types of relationships can cause frustration and anxiety. Foundation for Successful Living’s Healthy Relationship classes help individuals learn how to process the emotions that they are feeling and learn valuable information about relationships, sexuality, and dating in a way that will make sense in their lives.
Class curriculum is geared towards individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our goal is teach our community how to have safe, healthy, and consensual relationships.
February 1- March 17, 2022
Tuesday & Thursday 2:30-4:30
Program Cost: This course can be funded through the HCBS SLS or DD waivers. The private pay cost is $350.00.
Contact Alexa Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- Different Types of Relationships
- Public vs. Private
- Online Safety & Phone Etiquette
- Decision Making
- Sexual Feelings, Attractions and Acts
- Communication About Sex
- Decision Making About Sex & Challenges or Things That Can Go Wrong
- Do You Want to Have A Child?
- Avoiding Pregnancy
- Getting A Sexually Transmitted Infection
- Moving from Friend to Partner/Sweetheart
- Many Roads to Relationships
- Being in A Relationship
- Has Your Relationship Gone Bad?
Please note that while all information shared in the class is kept confidential, we are mandated reporters. If we are informed of any abuse that was not previously reported, we are required by law to report the abuse to both the Police Department and Adult Protective Services.